Healthy Screening Clinic
| Here is a clinic that may be of interest to some.
GROWING HEALTHY SCREENING CLINIC
|Community partners, with help from Ottawa Public Health, are offering a Growing Healthy Screening Clinic. The Clinic will assess the growth and development of children up to age 6 years.
Who should come to the Growing Healthy Screening Clinic?
- Children under the age of 6 and their parent or guardian.
- Children who may not be developing as expected.
- Children whose parent or guardian has questions about their development.
What will happen at a Growing Healthy Screening Clinic?
You and your child will meet with the following consultants for assessment, and discussion.
Immunization Assessment Ottawa Public Health
Dental assessment Ottawa Public Health
Nutrition assessment: Ottawa Public Health
Behavioral assessment Crossroads (English)
Speech and language assessment First Words
Developmental assessment: Ottawa Children Treatment Centre
Promotion of literacy Parent Resource Centre
There will be a play area, snacks, and information on child development, literacy, immunization and other topics related to raising a healthy child.
Please call to register, space is limited. Families must register ahead of time.
|DATE||HOST AGENCY||EVENT LOCATION||CONTACT|
November 1st 2012
|OEYC Nepean Carleton||South Nepean Satellite CHC
Suite 201 4100 Strandherd Dr.
Will there be childcare available for my other children?
- There will be limited capacity to care for your other children. Please discuss this when you call to register.
What about transportation?
- Bus tickets are available, if needed.