Back to School safety reminder
Over the next few days children will be returning to school and many will be busing,
walking and riding their bikes to their destinations.
The Ottawa Police Service reminds motorists and pedestrians to be aware of the increase of children and youth on city streets. As school begins, please consider the following safety tips:
• Reduce speeds in school zones and be ready to stop at any time. Children do not always notice oncoming traffic.
• Obey school bus signals.
• Walk on available sidewalks.
• Always cross at intersections, looking and listening for traffic and walk across only when road is clear and safe to do so.
• Follow adult crossing guards, student crossing patrols and school bus operator’s signals.
• Always wear a helmet when riding a bike and walk your bike across a roadway.
For more safety tips, go to Back to School Safety http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/safety-and-crime-prevention/Back-to-School.asp