The Tanglewood Hillsdale Community Association (THCA) is a wholly owned operating entity of the Tanglewood Hillsdale Residents Association (THRA) INC. The Mission of the THCA is to promote the civic and social interests of residents by:
- Enhancing the quality of life and promoting community spirit.
- Representing the views of its membership, particularly to government and other organizations.
- Participating in charitable, educational and recreational activities.
The community encompasses the area, bounded by the CN tracks to the north, West Hunt Club Road to the south, Merivale Road to the east and Wooddroffe Avenue to the west. click here to see a map
There are currently three classes of membership in the Association:
- Voting Member – an individual, 18 years or older, residing in the community whose has paid the required annual membership fee
- Non-voting Member – a non-resident or corporate entity whose whose has paid the required annual membership fee.
- Honorary Life Member – any individual or corporate entity who in recognition for outstanding service has been granted this membership class by the THCA Board of Directors.
The Operations of the Association are managed by a Board of Directors in accordance with a set of Bylaws approved by the Association Membership.
The Community Association’s 8 -12 member elected Board of Directors provides direction and oversight through two committees and a number of portfolios:
- Finance Committee
- Committee of Management of the Tanglewood Park Community Center
- Portfolio: Safety & Security/Neighbourhood Watch
- Portfolio: Public Space and local Merchants Concerns
- Portfolio: Membership
- Portfolio: Volunteers
- Portfolio: Website, Newsletter [Staying Connected] and Facebook
- Portfolio: Recognition
The Management Committee of the Centre in conjunction with the City’s Recreation, Culture and Facility Services oversees the ball courts in two local parks, the community rink and the community garden. From a leisure and social perspective, it organizes and/or schedules with third parties internal and external events and programs available for our residents of all ages. Portfolios include
- Portfolio: Facility Management
- Portfolio: Facility Scheduler
- Portfolio: Events and Programs
- Portfolio: Facility Promoter
The Association is a member of
- the Council of Community Associations in the Knoxdale-Merivale Ward
- the Federation of Citizens Association of Ottawa
Residents are welcome at Board meetings and are encourages to assist and participate in the affairs of the Association. Meeting Agenda and minutes are posted.