Rental Insurance

Insurance is one way of managing the risks related to accidents and disasters that can and do happen. If you aren’t adequately insured, then it could leave you or your organization in financial ruin. When you buy insurance, you transfer the cost of a potential loss to the insurance company in exchange for a fee, known as the premium.

Why do I need  Liability Insurance?

If you are hosting an event at the Tanglewood Park Community Centre then the City of Ottawa strongly encourages that your event be insured, and in some cases requires you to maintain  liability coverage.  Because of your operations, or actions, you are open for possible suit from Third Parties. You may not be liable, but you will need to be defended in court. A liability policy pays for this defense as well as any costs found against you. Liability insurance is designed to protect against claims of bodily injury or property damage, person injury liability, medical payments and tenant’s legal liability.   Note:  A sub-contractor, vendor or exhibitor IS NOT covered under your City of Ottawa Facility User Group Liability Policy.

Insurance Options…

There are two Options for Insurance:

For Meetings there is a third Insurance Option:

City of Ottawa Insurance…

The Insurance Premium is dependent on :

The Insurance Premium charged for non-recurring bookings ranges from $ 2.16 thru $ 135.00

There is a $ 500.00 Deductible on each claim.

Are bouncy castles ever allowed?  Bouncy Castles are allowed if they are set up outside, supervised and removed by a professional company. That company must provide proof of insurance for a minimum of $2M with the event organizer (rental client) and City of Ottawa listed as ‘Additional Insureds’.

Special Event? This is primarily for family-oriented events such as showers, christenings, dinners, retirement events etc.  Weddings are not included.

The Insurance Premium for Sports and Recreational Activities plus Camps (with some exclusions) varies based on Low, Moderate, High Risk guidelines. Contact  [email protected]  for premium rates. Examples of activities:  dance practice/lessons, music lessons, Tai Chi, children’s play groups, fitness classes, martial arts/non-contact, yoga etc

If a category or frequency is not listed above please  email    [email protected]

Blank Insurance Certificate

Refundable Warranty Deposits…

In addition the Tanglewood Park Community Centre collects a $100.00 Refundable Warranty Deposit that cover costs not reimbursed under the Insurance Policy (ie: Additional Cleaning Costs, Lost Keys, Fines for any Violation of the Rental Terms and Conditions, Lost or Damaged Equipment,  Damage to the Facility).

The Bottom Line…

If something is damaged or disappears as a result of your event then the Permit Holder or their Insurance Company is expected to pay the full cost of repairs or replacement.

If someone is injured as a result of your event then the Permit Holder or their Insurance Company is expected to pay the full cost of any claims and/or Lawsuits.